Our own personal tin roof
Diálogos y frases tomadas de Cat on the tin roof
Padre e hijo
(I just love Paul Newman's eyes)
1
Father: Mendacity is a system we live in... [Mendacity has a] powerfully, obnoxious odor[. It] smells like death.
2
Father: I hate apologies, especially for the truth. Whatever you did, don't apologize [for it]. Just don't do it again. If you didn't do it, start doing it [...] Truth is desperate.
3
Father: Europe is nothing but a big auction. Bunch of old worn out places. It's just a big fire sale[:] there's one thing you can't buy ina Europe fire sale, or any other market on earth. That's your life. You can't buy back your life when it's finished.
Son: No, sir, nobody can do that.
Father: The human animal is a beast that eventually has todie. If he's got money he just buys and buys. The reason is because of a crazy hope that one of these things will be life everlasting, which it never can be
4
Father: What did I not buy you?
Son: You can't buy love. You bought yourself a million dollars worth of junk! Does it love you? I didn't want to own or to have anything. All I wanted is a father, not a boss. I wanted you to love me.
5
Father: You don't build an Empire by remembering faces...
Son: The men who build empires die and empires die too.
6
Son: We've known each other all my life and [yet] we are strangers.
7
Father: When you've got pain you know you are alive [...] It's better to judge yourself, a lot of things.
8
Father: I've got the guts to die. Have you [got] the guts to live?
Son: I don't know
Father: We can try.
Son: A family crisis brings out the best and the worst in every member.
La verdad para siempre, Liz Taylor
(The greatest Southern cat ever to be played on screen)
Cat: Truth! Everybody keeps hollering about the truth! The truth is as dirty as lies!

2 Comentarios:
BUENISIMAS FRASES...OJALA PUEDAS DARTE UNA VUELTA POR MI BLOG...SALUDOS
Bar: Las gracias a Tennessee Williams, por tan buen guión...
Publicar un comentario
Suscribirse a Comentarios de la entrada [Atom]
<< Página Principal